May 18, 2012

'Papadol' And The Mixed Feelings I Get From It

So, lately I've been watching a few dramas.  Right now, I'm watching one called 'Papa wa Idol' a.k.a. 'Papadol'.  It stars Ryo Nishikido and is currently being aired in Japan.  It's more of a romantic comedy where Nishikido stars as himself and portrays what life would be like if an idol got married.  It's a remake of a previous Jdrama, but the roles are reversed: the idol is a woman who marries an average man.  Also in this drama, virtually everyone plays as themselves. 

So far the drama is very interesting as I've never seen one with this kind of plot.  However, it also makes me kind of sad.  :(  The reason is because it makes me wonder yet again about this sensitive situation about a famous person's relationships.  It's kind of like: "I didn't realize all of this could happen" granted he/she dates an average person.  One quote from the movie (Nishikido's manager had said to him): "Your job is to sell dreams to the fans" or "You can't get married yet.  What will your fans or even your members think?"  Well, these may not be the accurate quotes.  ^^;;  In a sense, I think that this drama may be something that all fans should take a look at.  It may make you wonder...could you handle it when your bias gets married?  I know that I may have a poor reaction to the news if my top biases were even said to be dating.  XD  On the flipside, could one even handle being able to date a celebrity after seeing all the stuff they have to do in this drama?  I probably would still want to.  ^o^  But all joking aside...this drama so far is entertaining, but also melancholic to me.  It makes me think about letting go of the idea that I have any romantic feelings for any of my biases so that if (or when) that time comes of dating/marriage announcements from them, at least I won't have a mental breakdown or soemthing.  I always say that I want them to be happy, but in the same breath I want to be that one that makes them happy--more so in Changmin's case--or at least meet them when they're single.  XD  Saa... 

Let's see what else will come out of this drama~!  Until next time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment