October 30, 2012

Storms and Ghosts

So yesterday, the east/northeastern coast of the U.S. was rocked by a hurricane-turned-superstorm named Sandy.  She was basically a large storm that merged with a winter storm coming from the west and some arctic air from the north.  She affected quite a few states that were more inland as well.  I'm sure it was quite a catastrophic scene.  While I hoped that noone would be hurt from this storm, I couldn't help but feel a little sad.  Why?  Because all over my Twitter list, I saw messages like "Our hearts go out to the victims in the path of this hurricane" and things like that.  I did too...but I couldn't help feeling that Sandy and the northeast got so much more coverage than us down here in the south when we dealt with Isaac.  Granted that the northeast isn't as structurally built for hurricanes as the south is, but gee wiz.  My phone was blowing up with constant updates about Sandy (I follow various hurricane Twitter accounts) and it was to the point where my battery was going to die.  However, I don't recall it being like that when we were going through Isaac.  :/  Sometimes I wonder if we're a little forgotten down here.  In terms of the fandom, I do remember tweeting about what was happening to me during the Isaac...but not many tweeted back about my status.  I just chalked it up to the media not talking about him much.  But with Sandy...they even talked about it on international news stations.  I say this because I have a few Korean channels that I watch, so that is where my guess comes from.  OTL  A major Twitter account that I follow for TVXQ fans even tweeted out for the northeast coast.  *sigh*  I know I sound really salty and should not even have this attitude, but if you live down here for a good while and experience a gulf hurricane, then you'll know what I mean about media coverage when it comes to southern storms.  People down here are still quite upset (and/or joking) about Mississippi being called "a 'landmass' between New Orleans and Alabama" or being called "refugees".  .___.  Other than that, I don't want it to sound like I don't care about what happened up there if that's what you're thiking.  I'm not that kind of person, ya know.  :x  Anway, I believe the worst of it is over for the northeast, so now it is cleanup time which is never fun.  Hopefully things will get back to normal for you all soon.  From the gulf coast to the east/northeast coast...still wishing everyone affected the best~!

ANYHOO....

As the title implies, the other half of this post will be about yet another Fatal Frame game!  Halloween is tomorrow, so why not talk about more survival horror games involving ghosts?  ^^  Today, I shall talk about:

Credit: Cover Palace (?)
 

Out of all the Fatal Frames out there (excluding the remakes and handheld games) this is the only one my sister and I do not own, but we hope to one day.  As you can see this one is for the Wii and not for the PS2 like the first three are.  I'm not very familiar with this one as I've only seen a walkthrough once on YouTube.  What I can gather is that you play as four characters (three girls and one guy).  The main girl is named Ruka and the story is mainly centered around her.  It actually started when she was younger and admitted to a hospital for a mysetrious disease that would cause patients to go mental.  She befriended three other girls and they spent a good while there.  Eventually they got better and went their seperate ways.  The man is a police officer who is searching for a man...but I can't remember what that man did.  .__.  Anyway, the setting for this one is on an island where an old hospital is located.  Many ghosts roam the halls.  As usual, the name of the game is to find out the reason for Ruka being called here along with the other girls and the man to find out what the disease is all about.  What they find will be quite suprising.  So, if you're interested and you have a Wii, I'd recommend this game too.  As for the controls, it looks complex but it might be easier than it looks.  ^^ 
 
Well, that is all for now.  Peace out~   

No comments:

Post a Comment