October 11, 2012

Fangirling: Where I Stand Right Now

 
 
Let's face it, over a period of time some fans tend to change their whole perspective on any situation in their fandom.  I believe this has also happened to me.  The question is if it's for the better...or the worst?  .___.  So, I've decided to post yet again on where I stand in fandom--at least I think I've posted about this before. 

To put it simply it's come to a point where I've been considering actually leaving fandom.  It doesn't mean I'll stop supporting the groups, but just not being a part of communities were many fans congegate.  Some of the things some fans say or do when it comes to either other groups/soloists or even our own members seems to aggrivate me alot lately.  Some instances include bashing other artists that I also like.  :/  It'll be more like where I was when I began getting into many of the groups I know today.  And I find it the only possible solution to keep myself from having this sense of bitterness towards any of the members (of TVXQ).  The downside is that I'll probably miss out on some amazing stuff, and I'll probably miss the fans that I've befriended.  However, things are becoming more and more upsetting to me as the days go on.

Sometimes I think that it might come as a relief to some fans if I backed down a little (even though I haven't done much of anything) as I probably fall under that category of a 'whiny OT5' in the eyes of HoMin/JYJ/other fans or a 'whiny 6nin' in the eyes of KAT-TUN/Akanishi Jin/other fans.  This is all purely specualation on my part (maybe I'm paranoid?  LOL) but everyone seems to have their own little group of friends on big social networks and fan communities and I feel like I'm on the outside looking in sometimes.  Maybe it's because I'm not an administrator or I don't have any weight to influence other fans like others do.  Ah, what to do?  It may be due to me being a Leo.  Of course, no one should belive too much into stuff like that, I seem to possess that trait where I want attention, but at the same time I don't want too much of it.  ^^;;

Being a fan of groups that have split up is really difficult.  I once said that I'd support them no matter what, but nowadays I just want them reconcile and come back together.  OTL  It's amazing how some fans can come to terms with how situations change within a fandom, and that's something to be envious of.  Unfortunately, I'm not like that. 

As for being Changmin-biased, I've always been really jealous of other fans that share the same interests in him as I do.  Whenever I see someone post things saying how much they love him, I get all mopey.  Thus, I attempt to do my own little spam and spazz about how much I like him.  But recently, I've been thinking that I don't really need to do that.  As long as I keep in mind that I just like him, I think it should be enough, right?  Not only does this apply for how I should feel for Changmin, but for Junnosuke and all my other biases. 

Well, that's somewhat of where I stand...at least to put it simply.  .___.  In closing, I think that maybe I'm just taking fandom a little too seriously--as do many others I see.  I was probably really jumpy with alot of what I said though.  If you could understand what I was saying, then I'm glad.  Well, peace out~!        
  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myndless. I understand you perfectly. I can get here too. I believe what keeps me going forward and adapting to all the changes is the realization that change must come. It is unavoidable and to be desired if people are to grow.

    This doesn't change my desire to see the Boys reconciled, but I'm more concerned about their personal reconciliation, not the music. What is currently happening not just to them but to other groups also simply changes my perspective on it.
    We are seeing each one of the original 5 members exerting his own personal awareness of who he is musically and personally, and they certainly do differ distinctly from each other.

    I am very concerned that DBSK/JYJ may be at a crossroads where they may soon be less inclined to work together on stage than before. It's really all up to them. So I have to ask myself--do I want to be happy as much as I want them to be happy? Bottom line--I want them to be happy more.

    What this means for me is adapting with each of them in the direction in which they feel inclined to go whether it's the music, or drama, or the musical stage. I don't have to like everything that they do--but I do have to keep loving all of them. I guess my focus has always been more with their personalities than their music. The music is a plus.

    I would miss you if you dropped out of sight because I don't see you as a member of the fandom or fandoms as much as I see you as my friend. I tend to focus on people, and even when I am seemingly not around, I do think of you.

    Addressing the overall gist of your article--my suggestion is to like whom you like your own way. You do not have to be labeled or influenced by anyone but yourself and, yes, God. There are standards in life, and we need to keep perspective.

    I know that you are probably sick of listening to me by now, but one last word.

    Myndless, you are a totally precious person to me. I Love You. Cha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cha, for the comment. You are right: Change is unavoidable and helps to grow. I guess it's a bit difficult for me to adapt to changes--even though it's been 3 1/2 years since the lawsuit. You'd think I would've adapted by now. My desire to see them together again must be blocking me seeing their personal talents even though I know that they are doing well as individuals. Maybe all I'm really wanting is a true sense of closure. But I do think to myself: "Will I still stick around for them if they say the opposite of what I hope for?"

      Aw, thanks, Cha. \(^o^)/ From the start, I never really wanted to associate with Cassiopeia because of how crazed they seemed. That is why I usually say I'm an unofficial Cassie. I shall take your advice and just support them all they way I choose. But I shall also try not to be rude (I guess is a good word) about it. And, of course, I must let God handle alot of what I'm dealing with.

      Thank you for your wise words~! And thanks for visiting!

      Delete