April 1, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday, Maaya Sakamoto!

I am a day late on this (two days if you go by Japan time), but I'd like to wish my favorite Japanese songstress a Happy Birthday!  On March 31st, Maaya-san turned 31.  I was thinking about spamming my Facebook and my Twitter with everything Maaya related, but I didn't.  Then I was going to make a post for her, but I didn't either; hence, my post today. 

In my opinion, Maaya Sakamoto is very underrated.  Not many people know how awesome she is!  >_<  I'm sure you've heard her voice in various anime opening sequences or as anime/video game characters.  Such voices include:
  • Aura from .hack//SIGN
  • Hitomi Kanzaki from Vision of Escaflowne (debut)
  • Tomoyo from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
  • Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High Host Club
  • Hamona from Wolf's Rain
  • Reika Mishima and young Haruka from RahXephon
  • Aerith Gainsborough from FFVII, FFVII: Advent Children, and the Kingdom Hearts games
  • Lightning from FFXIII
  • Aigis from Persona 3 (PS2 version)
The list is quite long!  And don't get me started on her SINGING~!  She sounds so beautiful.  I am very greatful to have at least 2 of her albums: "Easy Listening" and "Lucy".  But I've downloaded alot of her music online, and I really want her other albums too.  Here is a rather recent MV of hers.  I believe it is titled "You Can't Catch Me":


Not only that, but she sings so beautifully in English as well.  This next song comes off of one of the albums I bought.  Tell me...what do you think of when listening to it?  :)


Credit:

And I shall finish with a compilation of songs that come from anime that she has sung for. 


Credit:

Well, that is all for this post.  I would recommend Maaya Sakamoto to anyone who is interested in Jpop!  Once again, Happy (belated) Birthday, Maaya-san!

3 comments:

  1. I saw you wrote on Twitter that you felt you didn`t "promote" her enough on her birthday. ^^ Well, you made me become aware of her, if that is any consolation. I followed your links to listen to her songs and I was really surprised because she didn`t sound like most anime singers. Her voice is kinda low compared to them and really soft and melodic. She sounds as if she could sing anything well, just like our boys ^^ So thanks for tweeting about Maaya-san.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you very much. I am glad to spread the love of Maaya-san. :D Lol, if Changmin was my boyfriend, and Maaya had a concert, I'd beg him to take me. =^^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you should! I bet he would enjoy it actually (and not only because of the company. ^^) YF

    ReplyDelete