April 20, 2011

Showing Love to My Other Favorite Kpop Groups: Big Bang

So, I just got through listening to Big Bang's "Lies" a few moments ago, and it made me think about how awesome this song is!  XD  Then I also realized that I haven't been talking about the other Kpop groups that I listen to.  Most of the posts I've done so far have been about my ever favorite group, TVXQ.  So, I've decided that every now and then, you will see a post for another Kpop (or Jpop) group.

Today's group is, of course Big Bang. 


Their February 2011 comeback.  Looking good, guys!
Name: Big Bang
Members: (from L to R) Lee Seunghyun (Seungri, V.I.), Kwon Jiyoung (G-Dragon, GD), Dong Youngbae (Taeyang, SoL), Kang Daesung (D-Lite), Choi Seunghyun (T.O.P.)
Fanbase: VIP
Fancolor: Black and White bandana or golden crowns

How did I come across them?  Well, it is all thanks to Youtube.  I believe it was some time after getting into Kpop when I started discovering groups, and I think Big Bang was my third group to come across.  Actually it is a funny story.  The video I began to watch was called "We Belong Together".  Now, I thought it was a group doing a rendition of Mariah Carey's song with the same title.  But it wasn't.  My reaction:  O.O;;  "What is this?!"  I was seeing Asian guys that reminded me of rappers.  I'm not much of a rap person, so I didn't watch all of it.  Of course over the next few months, I did watch a few videos of theirs here and there.  I believe the first one I actually sat through and watched all the way was "Dirty Cash". 


That song is so~ hilarious!  I believe that is when I started actually noticing them.  Now, I know a little about them, and they made it a little easier for me to listen to rap (funny, huh?).  I was also really impressed with their English in the song "With U".  I believe that they weren't as popular at first, but then "Lies" came out, and then their popularity skyrocketed. 

As of now, I can't really say I have a member I ogle over.  But I do consider G-Dragon my home dog (see that gangster talk of mine?  >_<)  The reason behind that is because he and I share the exact same birthday!  We grow together, lol.

Lately, I haven't been keeping up with Big Bang.  I know they had a few releases since the last time I've actually looked up something on them.  I do like that Japanese song they did, "Koi wo Kikasete~Let Me Hear Your Voice".  It sounds so beautiful!  I did take a look at their recent song, "Tonight", but it didn't quite stick.  Some fans say that "Stupid Liar" is really good, so I should check that one out.
All in all, Big Bang is a really good group.  They've done quite a bit of solo work and I am glad that they are still going strong despite being out of the limelight for quite a long time.  I may not be a die-hard VIP, but I shall try to keep up with them as well as the other groups I follow.    Big Bang, hwaiting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Myndless,

    I also like Big Bang, I have for a year or so. I first noticed the Mohawk, then the music. Wedding Dress is a single that I really love. I'm into SuJu and Shinee also, and to be honest I like Israel and New Breed a lot. They are contemporary Christian. Also check out Bruno Mars if you haven't already. I think that he is exceptional.
    I really don't have a girl's group that I listen to so I will check out the Chinese group you recommended. I do like a song "Silent All These Years" that is sung in a Mandarin style, and Rurutia is a singer that I like. She had to leave her company just as the JYJ had to leave SM. Getting ready to study for my class tonight.
    Cya Cha

    ReplyDelete