April 25, 2011

Showing Love to My Other Favorite Asian Groups: Twelve Girls Band

Today I come with a group that is neither from Japan or South Korea.  These twelve (actually thirteen) lovely ladies hail from mainland China.  They are some of the finest ladies in the art of playing the traditional Chinese instruments, and the idea of forming a band came to one man with the inspiration of doing something like this.  They are supposed to be like an ensemble that you would have seen if you were living in the Tang Dynasty of ancient China.  I don't know how well-known they are, but they have toured the U.S. and have been in Japan for Budokan. 


The style of music that the Twelve Girls Band plays is mainly classical Chinese songs with a bit of a modern twist to it.  They do play a few Western songs as well, and those turn out nicely as well.  Take 'Clocks' for example.  I really like how it sounds...almost like the original from Coldplay. 


Credit: 

My sister and I have collected 3 of their albums: Eastern Energy, Romantic Energy, and Freedom.  However, there are more albums out there that I have yet to collect.  I would recommend you listen to their musci as it is quite soothing.  Perfect for when you want to get away from all the stress, try something new, or simply jump out of Kpop for the day.  >_<  A few of my favorite songs from them would be:
  • Alamuhan
  • Carnival
  • Clocks
  • Dunhuang
  • Forbidden City
  • Freedom (a popular one)
  • The Great Valley
  • A Girl's Dream
  • Horse Racing
  • Jasmine
  • Life on Clouds (makes you feel like you are flying through the clouds)
  • Ruten
  • Shangri-La
  • Tang Court Ensemble
  • Thanks for the Living Years
Well...that looks like a good chunk of the list of songs I have from them.  ^^;;  While most people may be a little leery of China right now, I don't think that should be any reason to not be loving some of the wonderful things to come out of this great nation. 

That's all for this post.  Peace out~! 

1 comment: