January 11, 2011

Maaya Needs Love Too...!

Since I've been talking about Kpop ever since I started this blog (with TVXQ being the dominate subject matter) I decided to talk about something from the Jpop scene.  Yes, before I got into Kpop I was all about Japanese pop culture.  You could say that it spawned from me acutally living in Japan when I was younger.  But when I was living there, I didn't care for it much.  It wasn't until I moved back to the U.S. that I became engrossed in it's music and more notably the anime.  I've been a fan of anime for about 10 years, and slowly it seems to be fading.  I still watch it and read manga from time to time.  But it doesn't compare to how crazy I was for it back in the day.  But just because I don't do it often doesn't mean I've totally lost interest.  ^^; 

Today I shall talk about one of my favorite singers of all time...in the female category.  Actually I have many so there are times when it gets difficult to choose.  It is mainly between Maaya Sakamoto and Utada Hikaru.  And since my sister is a major fan of Utada (she owns the cds), I have deemed Maaya as my favorite.  Her voice is so beautiful!  And yet...not many people seem to know about her.  :o  If you've see 'Wolf's Rain', 'RahXephon', or 'Vision of Escaflowne' you have most likely heard her voice.  Heck, if you've played the Japanese version of FFXIII then you have heard her because she voices for Lightning, the main character.



One of my favorite songs from her is called 'Birds' from the album Easy Listening.  From what the lyrics say, it talks about you taking away the pain and problems of the one you love.  Here...take a listen~!

Video upload by liberti5
Lyrics here: Birds Lyrics
Beautiful, huh?  She has such a gentle voice.  :3  I would recommend taking a listen to her music.  She does sing some in English too!  Here are a few I also recommend:
  • Afternoon Repose
  • Another Grey Day in the Big Blue World
  • Birds
  • Gravity
  • Hemisphere
  • Here
  • Inori
  • KINGFISHER GIRL
  • Koucha
  • NO FEAR~Airsuru Koto~
  • No Need for Promises (her first song ever!)
  • Tell Me What The Rain Knows
  • Tune The Rainbow
  • Universe
  • Yubiwa
Quite a list, huh?  I hope you will enjoy listening to the wonderful sounds of Maaya Sakamoto!  Please give her some support~! 

No comments:

Post a Comment